Saturday, August 8, 2009

Florida Gator Afghan

I crocheted this afghan for a friend. It took me months to complete because with all those color changes, all those strands of yarn would get knotted up and I would get aggravated and put it away for a day or two or sometimes for a week. You're probably wondering why I bothered to continue to work on it, if it was so aggravating. Even though I was having problems with the yarn getting tangled, I really did enjoy making it. I didn't want to give up because I wanted to see the finished product. I believe it was worth the effort. I have started another one but I have put it away and have been working on other things. I won't give up on this one either. I will eventually get it out and work on it off and on until it is complete and I will probably try to sell it.

I have been trying to come up with a way to manage all those strands of yarn. I had an idea that made it a little better. I put the balls of yarn for sections of the afghan in baggies and then used clothes pins to attach those baggies to the afghan. Then when I flipped it to work back the other way, they wouldn't tangle as bad. I'm wondering if there is a better way to manage all those strands of yarn when you have several color changes within a row. If anyone has any ideas, please post a comment. I would appreciate it.

2 comments: